One Step at a Time: Safety and Sustainability – Presented By Nystrom
Presented by Nystrom – February 16, 2022 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
This one-hour course examines how stair treads and nosings increase stair safety for users, especially in the event of an emergency. Join us as we discuss the different parts of a stair, the coefficients of friction for different nosing options, new innovations that make treads and nosings durable and sustainable, and codes and practices that ensure proper installation.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Identify the different parts of a stair, including treads, risers, stringers, and nosings
2. Discuss how stair nosings are used to increase stair safety and compare the coefficients of friction for different nosing options
3. Explain innovations in stair nosings and treads that ensure they are durable and sustainable, including recycled and recyclable materials
4. Define codes that certify stair nosings and treads are safe for all users, especially in the event of an emergency
- 5. Outline the estimation, installation, and maintenance process for stair nosings
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.