Detailing with Extruded Aluminum: Aesthetics & Sustainability, Durability & Flexibility – Presented By Tamlyn
Presented by Tamlyn – March 3, 2021 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU
"God is in the details", one of several iconic phrases from Mies van der Rohe, which continues to haunt architects. Details are where architects can and do make a difference, with today's focus of green materials detailing needs to meet both an architectural design aesthetic and sustainability requirements. Specifying extruded aluminum trim for use with various siding materials, drywall conditions, and other uses is one instance where a knowledge of detailing can contribute to both.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Discover the aesthetic and environmental benefits of specifying extruded aluminum trim for architectural details.
2. Understand the basic process of extruding aluminum.
3. Understand the profile and finish trim options that are available for use with various siding materials. Be able to identify other material uses and applications for extruded aluminum trim.
4. Discuss better and best moisture management strategies behind extruded aluminum detailed facades to support longevity.
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.