Aging with Grace: Designing for Aging in Place – Presented By Delta Faucet
Presented by Delta Faucet – October 28, 2020 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
This course discusses the dangers of the typical home of aging people or those with mobility or other challenges. It discusses solutions to safety and accessibility issues, based on both the 7 Principles of Universal Design, as well as ADA standards.
To help overcome homeowner resistance to discussing aging in place, the course shows designers and architects the benefits of creating a home that is safe and accessible for people of all generations. And it shows how professionals who are savvy in this topic can engage in a prosperous older economy. The course illustrates these issues with some of the assistive yet stylish bathroom and kitchen features and fixtures on the market today. These adaptations that help users age in their own home follows one or more of the principles of Universal Design.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Discuss the value and necessity of creating a living space that allows homeowners to comfortably and gracefully age-in-place.
2. Define the key principles for Universal Design in kitchens and baths.
3. Explain situations where products need to be ADA-compliant versus simply meeting ADA standards.
4. Define kitchen and bath products that meet the practical and aesthetic needs of homeowners for gracefully aging-in-place.
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
Stuck at home? BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.