Healthy Indoor Air Quality by Design – Presented By UL
Presented by UL – October 14, 2020 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
Indoor air quality (IAQ) can dramatically influence the health and comfort of building occupants. It is critical to understand and control common pollutants in order to reduce the risk of health concerns related to indoor environments. This course examines the pollutants common to building interiors and their potential to cause adverse health effects. Discussions include VOC content and emissions, the value of an IAQ management plan, and the importance of specifying low-emitting materials.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Identify sources of indoor air pollutants and summarize the impact of indoor air pollution on human health
2. Understand the LEED v4 BD&C and ID&C Low-Emitting Material and WELL v1 Feature 04 criteria
3. Describe the LEED v4.1 BD&C and ID&C Low-Emitting Material and WELL v2 Features x11 and x12
4. State the importance of WELL v2 A01 Fundamental Air Quality and LEED v4.1 BD&C and ID&C Indoor Air Quality Assessment to human health
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
Stuck at home? BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.