New Virtual CEU Session: Ventilation Code Requirements and Solution Options
Presented by Broan-NuTone – April 26, 2023 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
The pandemic has raised awareness of the importance of indoor air quality more than ever. It’s become a top priority for many homeowners. Can we tighten our homes and still enjoy great IAQ? Yes we can. With today's wide range of innovative ventilation solutions - especially whole house – we can efficiently eliminate harmful pollutants such as particulates, VOCs and mold-causing excess humidity. Efficient options for providing fresh, clean air are available for any situation, climate zone and budget. After a short review of how tighter homes impact the air inside as well as how codes and standards are evolving, this session will focus on the options for whole house ventilation - exhaust, supply and balanced. Opportunities with energy-efficient HRVs and ERVs as well as installation options will be given special emphasis.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
1. Discuss the necessity for fresh air and the factors that can contribute to the health and safety of the building occupants
2. Participants will learn about residential building ventilation systems and the codes and standards for both local/spot and whole dwelling
3. Participants will gain insight into product certification and airflow verification
4. Participants will understand different ventilation type options to meet whole dwelling requirements
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.