The Sound of Silence on Steel Framing – Presented By PABCO Gypsum
Presented by PABCO Gypsum – July 15, 2020 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
Examine the factors affecting acoustic performance on steel stud framing and the alternatives for efficiently designing effective wall partitions—all working toward the goal of reducing noise inside buildings.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Identify the negative impacts of noise and explain how they impact the health and welfare of building occupants.
2. Define sound transmission class and explain how STC ratings are used to determine acceptable levels of sound for occupants of different types of buildings.
3. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using common methods of sound isolation and the use of constrained layered damped gypsum panels in order to achieve less harmful levels of noise for people.
4. Analyze various applications where constrained layered damped gypsum has been installed and explore the benefits to both the physical environment and the occupants that have been achieved as a result of using a product created to reduce noise.
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
Stuck at home? BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.