Sample Smarter: Working Sustainably with Samples – Presented By Swatchbox
Presented by Swatchbox – February 2, 2022 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
The construction industry in the U.S.A. generates more than 600 million tons of waste annually, a quarter of which is disposed of by landfill. It may be tempting to blame builders, but research shows that this waste problem often begins during the design process, long before ground is broken. This course delivers an overview of how the traditional material sampling process is profoundly wasteful and harmful to the environment around us and dangerous for the health and safety of our communities. It proposes methods and practices that can be adopted in firms around the world to reduce, avoid, and in some cases entirely eliminate the waste that comes from samples, thereby aiding in the journey toward a more sustainable practice of architecture and design.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Quantify how construction industry waste contributes to environmental damage.
2. Understand how the disposal of certain kinds of construction waste can compromise public health and safety.
3. Understand how sample waste contributes to overall construction industry waste.
4. Make different decisions regarding sample selection to reduce waste footprint and benefit the environment.
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.