Sound Control in Construction – Homasote
Presented by Homasote – October 26, 2022 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
In this one-hour course, design professionals will gain practical knowledge of sound control and the many healthy and safety benefits it has for architects, builders, and occupants.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Discuss how sound control can help reduce noise pollution, sleep disturbances, litigation costs, and privacy issues for building occupants and owners
2. Review building code criteria and guidelines including the International Building Code (IBC) and International Residential Code (IRC) to address sound control issues that affect building occupants
3. Describe sound control strategies to alleviate noise-induced sound damage by utilizing mass, decoupling, absorption, unbalancing, and other design methods
4. Examine sound control design methods for walls and floors using sustainable, mold-resistant cellulosic fiberboards made from recycled materials
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.