Savings Through Flexibility and Technology for the Modern Office
Presented by FreeAxez – April 29, 2020 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU
Access floors are not just for computer rooms and data centers anymore. Advantages for wire-management flexibility, sustainability and cost efficiency are realized in Class A office space, conference rooms, training rooms, libraries, trading floors, court rooms, manufacturing, museums, retail, emergency operations, hospitals, pharmaceutical, casinos, trade shows, financial buildings, as well as others.Worldwide, access flooring is incorporated upwards of 80-90% of the time in commercial office space.
The presentation will look at access flooring from multiple constituent perspectives, including Architect, Developer, Facility Manager, Contractor, Building Owner and Tenant. A primary focus is given to green attributes including non toxic cabling alternatives, extending building usefulness, as well as a return on investment analysis (ROI) of the various alternatives.
North America lags dramatically behind the rest of the world in both innovation and acceptance of access flooring. The LEED movement is helping to change that. The environmental advantages as well as the life cycle and ROI benefits are highlighted through practical study and a comparison of various approaches.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Learn about various methods of wire distribution and management in office buildings and other facilities: traditional construction, tall concrete panel raised floors, and low-profile fixed height access flooring systems
2. Learn when to use each approach and their associated installation methods
3. Learn how access flooring can contribute LEED credits to projects
4. Learn the concept of “churn’ for active space and how flexible wire management equates to operations & maintenance savings for clients
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
Stuck at home? BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.