Designing for High-Performance Building Envelopes, Catalyzed by BIM
Presented by BASF – May 13, 2020 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
This course examines the importance of BIM-enabled solutions in the design of high-performance buildings. Broad sustainability goals and enhancing project safety continue to be challenges at the forefront of business practices and regulations worldwide. This course will examine how the use of innovative cloud-solutions and data-rich content play a crucial role in digitally developing a project. Increasingly these tools empower architecture practices to comprehensively and effectively research, compare, and specify the appropriate building materials.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
1. Analyze how the main components of building-envelope assemblies for energy-efficient buildings, impact the selection and specification of products.
2. Define key product sustainability attributes, which contribute to meeting environmental regulations, for building envelopes
3. Understand the main drivers and strategies of digital content development as they impact sustainable design criteria, building efficiency analysis, and selection of high-performance building materials
4. Identify how BIM-Enabled tools, streamline project programming, documentation by integrating product research, sustainable material selection, and life-safety risk mitigation
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
Stuck at home? BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.