An Overview of the Role of Masonry in Sustainable Design and LEED™ v4 – Presented By Oldcastle APG
Presented by Oldcastle APG – June 23, 2021 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
Sustainable design and green building are ever-evolving. LEED™ version 4, introduced in late 2013, contains significant changes in the area of materials and resources. This program will introduce attendees to sustainable design and provide an overview of the LEED™ v4 Rating System. It will address LEED™ v4 credit categories, with particular emphasis on the materials and resources credits, and identify how masonry products can contribute to sustainable design and LEED™. It will also discuss the ways sustainable design goes beyond the U.S. Green Building Council's LEED™ Rating System. This presentation will give insight into the environmental building marketplace, as well as cover criteria and considerations used in selecting masonry products for LEED™ projects.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Participants will better understand the changes in the Materials and Resources credit category in LEED™ v4
2. Participants will learn and identify elements of sustainable design that are not always part of green building rating systems
3. Participants will receive an overview of the LEED™ v4 BD+C New Construction Rating System
4. Participants will better understand sustainable design strategies and LEED™ strategies that utilize masonry
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.