Putting Sustainable Design Into Practice – Presented By Deltek
Presented by Deltek – September 2, 2020 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
Sustainability is more than just a buzzword. It is a practical part of modern design and can be leveraged in a number of realistic, impactful ways. However, with an ever-evolving ecosystem of sustainable standards and products – staying on top of best practices can seem daunting to firms of all sizes and scopes.
In this session, get expert advice from a green building consultant and explore how you can take small, actionable steps to evangelize and execute sustainable design practices in future projects.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Discover best practices for incorporating sustainability into a variety of design projects, even those that are not pursuing specific certifications.
2. Understand how designing for sustainability is an opportunity to educate and advise stakeholers throughout a building project - including owners, specification writers, contracts and occupants.
3. Learn best practices for utilizing product research tools, manufacturer relationships and specification content to incorporate sustainable practices into your projects.
4. Define practical sustainable goals and desired outcomes unique to your team and clients.
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
Stuck at home? BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.