Managing Condensation and Thermal Performance with Continuous Insulation – Presented By Huber Engineered Woods
Presented by Huber Engineered Woods – May 11, 2022 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
Building codes and green building standards are continuing to raise the bar on energy efficiency and high performance in buildings. In wood-framed buildings designing for thermal and moisture management in wall cavities, as well as the airtightness of the building enclosure, are all components to creating advanced building enclosures. This presentation will discuss the need for exterior insulation to manage heat transfer and reduce condensation in exterior walls by providing step-by-step examples of how to determine the amount of continuous insulation required to meet prescriptive code requirements depending on the climate zone.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Explain the concept of thermal bridging and how it impacts building energy usage in green and sustainable building design.
2. Define the commercial and residential wood frame wall insulation requirements found in the 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (IECC).
3. Explain how condensation forms in wall cavities and investigate strategies to mitigate the risk of damage to construction while maintaining sustainable and healthy indoor environments.
4. Identify the practical and green building characteristics of continuous insulation as part of the exterior wall sheathing compared with other alternatives.
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.