Enduring Beauty: High Performing Polymer Cladding Systems – Presented By AZEK
Presented by AZEK – April 28, 2021 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
This course encourages participants to think outside the box and consider using polymer cladding as a material to create aesthetic, enduring, and moisture resistant rainscreens that will better protect buildings and its occupants. We will discuss other more commonly used products and the issues faced with each. We will also consider life cycle costs of various cladding options, including polymer. Finally, participants will leave with a thorough understanding of how to install polymer extrusions as cladding. We will explore doing so on different substrates, detailing around openings, transitions between differing cladding materials and how to handle joints between cladding components with the goal of using polymer as a resource to promote health, safety, and welfare of both people and the environment.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Compare and contrast PVC as a cladding material that may be used in creative solutions.
2. Discuss the product’s credibility, longevity, functionality, enhanced aesthetics, and design flexibility of open jointed cladding solutions to better protect the building and its occupants.
3. Address the life cycle advantages and sustainable features of high-performing open jointed cladding solutions that contribute to the health, safety, and welfare of people.
4. Examine installation tips and analyze appropriate applications of polymer to benefit both the environment and people.
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.