When Sound Control Matters – Presented By Proflex
Presented by Proflex – September 15, 2021 – 1:00pm ET/12:00pm CT– AIA 1 LU/HSW
Sound abatement products are not just a building owner and occupant preference; minimum sound abatement ratings are required by many local building codes for multistory residential, commercial, and multipurpose buildings. Following an introduction to the basics of sound, this course presents a summary of the most common sound control methods, with a focus on the options available for floor underlayment.
PROGRAM LEARNING OBJECTIVES
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- 1. Explain building acoustics, including how sound travels and the importance of and requirements for controlling sound to prevent detrimental effects on occupants.
2. List the ASTM test methods used to determine the sound performance of an assembly.
3. Compare the types and features of floor underlayment for impact sound control that is essential for occupant comfort.
4. Discuss considerations, installation tips, and general guidelines for installing floor underlayment for sound control.
Register below for this event.
New to BIMsmith Coffee Club?
BIMsmith Coffee Club is bringing continuing education credits to wherever you are. Join the Club to receive weekly invitations to free virtual CEU sessions provided by building product manufacturers.
- – Get AIA CEU credit for each session
- – Join once, attend unlimited sessions
- – Completely virtual
- – Free now and forever
BIMsmith is a free cloud platform for architects, designers, and building professionals to research, select, and download building product data. Search, discover, compare, and download free Revit families on BIMsmith Market, or build complete, data-rich Revit wall, floor, ceiling, and roof systems faster with BIMsmith Forge.